Something you might not have thought of! Matcha green tea scones give another depth of flavour to these carbs and are great with cream and jam or butter.
1.5 c plain flour
1 Tbsp matcha green tea
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
100-125g cold butter thinly sliced and squared
1-2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 170C bake
- Mix the flour, matcha, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- Add in the butter and press/rub together leaving butter in chunks but ensuring most of the flour has some butter on it.
- Slowly dribble in the milk to combine, fold through, it should still be shaggy.
- Pour the mixture onto a clean surface and press into a flat square about 2 in thick. Cut into squares and line on a baking tray
- Coat the top with milk
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then dig in with cream and jam or butter 🧈
See our reel on instagram to see our recipe in action.